Today I went to visit the Museum of London with the kids. We didn’t see everything because I mentioned that there had been a Great Fire in London and they become obsessed with that. Is it just my children or do they all love a great disaster?
Anyway, we learnt a lot about London:
- Londinium was founded by the Romans and was located in the City;
- Lundenwic was the Anglo-Saxon city established near Covent Garden;
- St. Paul’s Cathedral was established in the year of 604;
- The Great Fire in 1666 lasted for five days and it started in King’s Bakery;
- St. Paul’s was also hit by the fire. The stones of the cathedral became so hot that exploded;